sábado, 31 de octubre de 2009

I Love You Dad

For All the Times I Never Said,
"I Love You, Dad"
So often it may seem as if I have
taken you for granted, that I never
noticed all that you did for me or the
sacrifices you made for my benefit.
But I did notice.
I may not have said anything at the
time, and I am sure that many times I
really didn't appreciate you.
But now that I have grown up,
I realize that everything you did
was because you loved me
and wanted the best for me.
I can see now that doing so much for me
meant giving up a lot for yourself.
As I look around, I see many parents who
take care of themselves first and their children second.
In the eyes of those children,
I can see a hurt that I never knew.
You have given me more than I ever deserved.
At a time when so many people are
blaming their parents for what is wrong with them,
I want to thank you for all that is good in me.
You instilled it in me with each hug, scolding,
understanding word, punishment,
and "I love you."
I just wanted to tell you that I am forever grateful,
and I love you very much.

(Michelle Weber)

  • enero 2011

  • diciembre 2010

  • noviembre 2010

  • octubre 2010

  • septiembre 2010

  • agosto 2010

  • julio 2010

  • junio 2010

  • mayo 2010

  • abril 2010

  • marzo 2010

  • febrero 2010

  • enero 2010

  • diciembre 2009

  • noviembre 2009

  • octubre 2009
  • No hay comentarios: